|This drill would be easier|
if we all had wings
- Two players play singles. They begin cross court from each other.
- Player 1 feeds ball cross court to Player 2.
- Player 2 hits this ball straight ahead/down the line.
- Player 1, after feeding first ball, runs to other sideline to hit Player 2's ball, again cross court.
- In the meantime Player 2 has headed to the opposite sideline to return this second cross court ball and again hits it straight ahead/down the line, where (hopefully) Player 1 is waiting.
- Players continue running sideline to sideline working on these two strokes.
As you can see, this activity requires both directional skills and a high level of fitness. I think it is plenty hard enough as-is, so here are some ideas for making it easier.
Easiest - players toss and catch balls rather than hitting them with racquets.
Medium - play on smaller courts with slower balls.
Play as doubles in service boxes. Less running required, but still demands a high level of concentration and a medium level of directional skills.