Thursday, June 21, 2012

Space Invaders

Here's a fun drill that develops both ground strokes and net play. Plus I have fond memories of the old video game of the same name so I like this already! I found it at Scott Baker's Tennis4You site. I plan to use it soon in a junior clinic. It would also work great for an adult clinic.
Good times!

Scott's example recommended 6 players at net and one across net at baseline. For safety reasons I think this might be a few to many but I will try it out soon and let you know. Anyway all players but one are at the net; one is across the net at the baseline. However many players are at the net, the baseline player gets that many balls/chances. So in Scott's example, with six players at net, baseline player gets six balls/chances. Coach feeds balls to baseline player one at a time. If net player misses, they sit down. Object of game is for baseline player to get all net players out with however many balls they are allotted.

Scott's example did not say if lobs are allowed. I am guessing not, unless you are working on improving lobs.


No comments:

Post a Comment