Monday, July 23, 2012

Superstar

I have seen Superstar demonstrated a couple of times. Haven't used it yet, but it is working its way up the queue. Props to those of you who can do this well. I am not sure I have the multitasking skills to both feed and holler commands at the same time. <g>

Coach feeds balls across net to players. Coach calls out various commands after feeding ball, and player must hit ball as commanded. This list is limited only by your imagination. Sample commands:

  • Forehand
  • Backhand
  • Catch Right
  • Catch Left
  • Kick Right
  • Kick Left
  • Head
  • Between Legs

This is a real coordination challenge for both player and coach. Great for improving focus!


Update: I tried this recently and the kids enjoyed it - lots of giggles. I let them contribute a few ideas for our list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment