- Arrange cones in the area between the service line and the baseline.
- Divide players into two teams (see separate blog entry for ideas on team formation).
- Have teams spin racquets. Winner gets to choose which team is Godzilla first. Other team is Hero. Repeat this activity at least once so each team has an opportunity to be Godzilla.
- Be prepared to time the activity.
- Line up teams on either side of court sidelines facing cone area. Godzilla's job is to knock over the cones using fingertips/hands only - no kicking. Hero's job is to right the cones.
- Ready-Set-Go - Godzilla begins knocking over cones while Hero works feverishly to right them.
- When Time is called, both teams retreat to their sidelines.
- Cones are counted, number of cones up vs number down. Whichever team has the most cones, wins.
One minute per round is plenty of time for this activity. Be on the alert when time is called - there is always someone wanting to make one more 'adjustment' to the cones.